Nakul | speaks about his future plans





Nakul, who made his debut with director Shankar's 2003 hit musical "Boys", says that he doesn't want to be labelled as a romantic hero.

"Please don't label me as a romantic hero. I want to establish myself as an actor who can do varied roles. I want my films to be different from each other. I am serious about making people happy with my movies. And I am walking towards the goal," Nakul said.

After "Boys", Nakul disappeared from the scene for a few years and resurfaced in 2008 with hit film "Kadhalil Vizhunthen", looking trimmer than ever. In the same year, he was seen in another successful film "Maasilamani".

"I got several offers after 'Boys', but I didn't rush myself. I waited patiently. It took almost four years to get the right role. Thanks to director Prasadh, I came into my own with 'Kadhalil Vizhunthen'," he said.

"I accepted the movie because I was thrilled by its story. I smelled its success immediately after listening to the script. And my guess was right. Besides, the song 'Nakka mukka' took me closer to the masses. I cannot forget this film," he said.

"I believe strongly that patience and perseverance pay off. 'Maasilamani' was another right step after 'Kadhalil Vizhunthen'," Nakul added.

In both films - "Kadhalil Vizhunthen" and "Maasilamani" - Nakul was paired with Sunaina. He says contrary to the rumours that he is dating her, the makers of "Maasilamani" roped them again because they liked their onscreen chemistry.

"They (romance reports) are baseless. Sunaina and I are friends and our screen chemistry is great. This could perhaps be the reason behind the director and producer roping us in for 'Maasilamani'. Since our chemistry is great on screen, it may look like love, but it's only acting."

0 comments:

Post a Comment